Ok, so usually I don’t do these kinds of things. And truthfully, I wasn’t even tagged to do it or anything. But let’s be honest here for a minute, mkay? I’m totally without blogging content as of late. I don’t know if it’s that I’m blocked creatively or just don’t have anything going on to write about. Whatever it is, I figured I should do something so you all know I haven’t dropped off the face of the earth, so when I saw my friend Andrea post her own 50 questions/answers, I thought I might go ahead and give it a whirl.
So, here goes. 50 things about me that you may or may not give a damn about. And . . . GO!
1. What are you wearing? Currently a button down maternity top and super comfy huge black pants.
2. Ever been in love? Of course.
3. Ever have a terrible break-up? Yes.
4. How tall are you? 5’5.5″
5. How much do you weigh? Well, I am 7 months pregnant, so I think I’m weighing in somewhere between an NFL Linebacker and a Humvee.
7. Any piercings? My ears are double pierced, although one hole has closed. In my youth, my belly button was pierced, but that closed up after my first pregnancy when I had to remove the belly ring.
8. OTP (One true pair, favorite fictional couple?) Oh man, this is tough. Lorelei and Luke from Gilmore Girls or Wesley & Buttercup from The Princess Bride. (I would have gone literary, but most of my favorite books don’t really have “couples.”)
9. Favorite show? Wow, and I thought the previous one was tough. I watch so much TV and love so many shows. Of all time, I’d probably say Friends. Currently though, The Amazing Race & The Good Wife.
10. Favorite bands? Pearl Jam. Fall Out Boy. Foo Fighters. Red Hot Chili Peppers.
11. Something you miss? My mother in law and father in law. So much.
12. Favorite song? My husband asked me this question once, many years ago, and I still haven’t answered him! It all depends on what genre we are talking about and what my mood is at the moment. For simplicity’s sake, and to answer the question, I’ll go with Release by Pearl Jam.
13. How old are you? Right now, I feel about 104.
14. Zodiac sign? Pisces.
15. Quality to look for in a partner? Someone with the tolerance to put up with my insanity. And a sense of humor.
16. Favorite Quote? “Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend; and inside a dog, it’s too dark to read.” Groucho Marx
17. Favorite Actor? Johnny Depp or Robert Downey, Jr.
18. Favorite Color? Purple
19. Loud music or soft? Depends on my mood. After a rough day and if I have a headache: soft. If I feel like rocking out: loud.
20. Where do you go when you are sad? Somewhere quiet and private so nobody can see me cry.
21. How long does it take you to shower? 10-15 minutes.
22. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? Depends on whether I’m going to court or someplace where I care about my hair. If I have to style it, it adds another 20 minutes. If I’m just throwing my hair in a hat, from shower to out the door is about a half hour.
23. Ever been in a physical fight? No.
24. Turn on? Humor and intelligence.
25. Turn-off? Hypocrites.
26. The reason I started blogging? I needed a hobby and had started reading some other blogs and thought, “I can do this, too.”
27. Fears? Something horrible happening to my kids and/or any of my family and friends.
28. Last thing that made you cry? Damn Dancing with the Stars and talk about a last dance with a dying father.
29. Last time you said you loved someone? This morning to my kids.
30. Meaning behind the name of your blog (Misty’s Laws)? Not one of my more creative titles. My name is Misty and I’m a lawyer.
31. Last book you read? You Before Me by Jo Jo Moyes
32. Book you are currently reading? High Five by Janet Evanovich (don’t judge . . . I needed something light and fun after reading about assisted suicide).
33. Last show you watched? The aforementioned Dancing with the Stars.
34. Last person you talked to? My secretary.
35. The relationship between you and the person you just texted? Last person I texted was my hubs last night. So . . . spouse.
36. Favorite food? Pasta or sushi.
37. Place you want to visit? So many . . . Australia, Germany, Switzerland, Singapore, Boston, Toronto.
38. Last place you were? Right now I’m sitting at my desk at work. Prior to that, I was heating up some water for tea. My life is uber exciting right now.
39. Do you have a crush? Um, no.
40. Last time you kissed someone? Kissed my kids goodbye this morning. Kissed my hubs last night.
41. Last time you were insulted? By my husband this weekend. He was being overly snarky and it got to me. I’m sure it has nothing to do with pregnancy hormones or anything.
42. Favorite flavor of sweet? Caramel.
43. What instruments do you play? I used to play the clarinet in high school, but badly. Played the piano in elementary school, also badly. Instrument playing is apparently not my thing.
44. Favorite piece of jewelry? I don’t wear much jewelry, so I guess my wedding/engagement rings.
45. Last sport you played? Sport? What’s that?
46. Last song you sang? Hmmm, can’t remember. I tend not to subject people to that form of torture.
47. Favorite chat up line? Hey ho. How’s tricks?
48. Have you ever used it? Occasionally.
49. Last time you hung out with anyone? I went to lunch with some blogger friends last weekend. I guess that would be considered “hanging out.”
50. Who should answer these questions next? Anyone who feels the desire to share.